Monday 14 May 2012

Day 216 P&V "The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen!"

Weigh In
13 May - SAME
14 May - SAME

I started C25K yesterday!!!!!! I felt like a bit of a plonker to be honest, but never mind! ;-) I DID IT! and it wasn't as bad as I expected. The second half of the programme I was definitely slower than the first but anything faster than walking is jogging! (and I'm sticking to that! LOL) I got a stitch after 19 minutes, but seeing as I havent done any running for 12+ years, I thought this was quite good going!

Just down the road from me is a large football field / park, so I went there and did laps around it. I read that it was better to run on soft ground than concrete, so this is what I did, thought it would be easier on my knees.

In all honesty, I can't say I enjoyed it, but the feeling of accomplishment after was fantastic! I REALLY want to be a runner and I think this will be the key to helping me stay on target where my weight and fitness are concerned. I'm excited about it, and I'm sure when I look back in 'x' months time, I will laugh at my first attempt!!!!!

What does everyone do with their arms when they jog/run???? I found it really difficult to get a rhythm at first and even when I did they still felt like unnecessary added extra's!!!!! LOL. Oh, and any idea's about time scales - how long should it take me to get the 5K under my belt? I'm going to do it every other day. The programme I'm following says it should take 2 months but I'm thinking this is slightly ambitious!!!!!

Hope everyone's having a good one! xoxo




11 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS A MILLION TIMES OVER on reaching your Dukan True Weight!!!
    My arms just do their own thing when I run. I never even thought about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonday! Congrats on the PhD by the way - what a massive achievement..... I think I was just in my ultra self conscious mode, my arms are still attached so they can't have been that annoying! ;-) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Haha thats why Im glad Ive got a treadmill. I only clock up 2 miles when doing the C25K, but obv when I run more it will go up. Im gonna follow the program and just see how I find it. If its too hard at any point, I might just spend another week doing the same run/walk as the week before. good luck with it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA My mum is bringing her treadmill over to my house and I'm going to keep it here and use it!!!!! Phew..... I think I might do each day 3 times to build up a little or maybe more if I'm struggling (which will probably be the case!) xoxo

      Delete
  3. You Go Sonia! How great to be up and running right?
    I don't know the timeline, Sandi would be in the know for sure. Sounds like you are doing so incredibly well!!!
    Are you still moving your blog?
    Happy running trails to you.
    *anna
    oceannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good Anna, its also made me more conscious of doing other exercises. I've set up a rota on my fridge, weights/stretches every other day, walking/c25k/cross trainer at least 3 times per week. I'm always better if I've got a list or something to tick off...... I will definitely be moving my blog sometime in the next few weeks, its just been slightly hectic here and Ami hasn't been well to boot! There's always something hey!!! :) xoxo

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, take care of the wee one Ami...Hope she's fit as a fiddle in no time.
      *anna
      oceannah

      Delete
  4. I wish I had the patience for running. I find I get so bored but I reaaaaally want to run as well.

    Your arms? Just go with the flow ;)

    Good luck! At least you are getting off your butt to work towards your goal. I have been going to the gym every day and have SUCH a hard time doing any cardio. Just completely avoiding it. Bah! It's so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DD. Cardio is apparently the best way to get rid of fat, I've got plenty of that, so its needs must! I dont know if I could spend hours running but 30 minutes I can cope with that! I think running outside and running on a treadmill are so different, I may get bored on a treadmill more than in the fresh air. We'll see! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I've signed up, once again, to get your posts noticed in my email... I feel like a right shit of a friend not supporting you as much as you have for me!
    You are doing terrific. If you do 2 days on and one day off intervals, you'll finish C25K in just under 6 weeks. You will LOVE it by Week 4, lol.
    I started Bridge to 10K the week before my surgery, I loving the interval running again... Can't rub until next Thursday and can't wait.
    You've done so amazing on your weight loss... Isn't Dukan the best xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the funny thing about running intervals, I feel like I'm cheating having a break in the middle of a run but its great to have a chance to catch my breath! LOL. Thanks for the time scale advice.
      Dukan is definitely the best!!!!! I daren't think where I'd be without it - probably 300lbs!!!
      You'll be running again before you know it - time goes so fast. Make sure you take it easy!!! :) Not too much prep for the big race! xoxo

      Delete